Sunday, May 6, 2012

Why I Love My Country-Part 4: In God We Trust

   God is important to me. If you've been reading this blog for more than a few posts back, you probably already have noticed this. God is important to me for many reasons, most prominent being that He is the reason I am here today. He is my Father, my Creator, and my King. I owe Him everything.

   Because God gives me all that I need, I have consequently come to trust in Him and His ways. As long as I work hard and worship and respect Him, He will reward me with what I need. This is what God does and will do for all of us. The Founding Fathers, and those who came after, realized this. That is why our government is set upon the Bible, which is God's word and teachings. In God We Trust.
   The Constitutional Convention saw that is was necessary to separate government from religion. But they also saw it was needed to found our country upon God's word. They literally set our country's foundation upon our Lord. This is the largest part of why I love my country. Respect for God is fundamental in making a success out of a country. God rewards those who deserve it.

   Some people might say that the U.S. isn't very religious. I do not hold this to be true. A 2003 joint poll by USA Today, CNN, and Gallup showed that 90% of Americans support the inscription "In God We Trust." This is but one example of the American people showing their belief in something beyond this Earth. I know that not everybody believes in God, but it is my opinion that with witness, we can spread God's word even further than it already has been. The United States of America has been so successful for so long ( 236 years...) because of its founding on God. He has rewarded us, and will continue to do so as long as we respect Him, love Him, and trust in Him.

   So, now you know how I feel about my country, as well as why. I said in the first post of this blog series that I take great pride in my country. These are the three main reasons. America may not be perfect, but its close. She's a land of opportunity, with a hard-working military, and in God she trusts. She's the land of the free, kept safe by the brave. God bless her evermore. Her stars and stripes watch over us, ever may they wave. She's the land of the free and the home of the brave. May God bless her forevermore.

~Ian James~

To read the previous posts of this blog series, click on the links below:





1 comment: