Thursday, May 17, 2012

Why I Love Senior Year - Part 2

   Welcome, friend bloggers, to part 2 of Why I Love Senior Year. We previously discussed how high school is not all that the Disney Channel makes it out to be. It's hard work filled with stress and Algebra-test last-minute cramming. But we also discussed some of the pluses of high school. Or the high-school-years, anyway. Youthful recklessness, youthful ignorance, and the like are vital ingredients to the 4 years of high school. They serve to teach wisdom to the future generation. In my experience, they do their job well. I have made my own fair share of mistakes, and have learned from them.

   But all that is past me now. I currently look forward to my eighteenth birthday this summer, among other things; most prominent of them being my enlistment in the the U.S. Army. After a one or two years enlisted, I look to be accepted into West Point. But that's a bit farther into the future. For now, I focus on finishing up my senior year of high school. My final year of, shall we say, conventional schooling. It's been an adventure for sure. Homeschooling the past four years has been an experience all by itself. It hasn't been easy, and many a time have I just wished that it's over. Now, however, that it's so close to being that way, I almost wish I had a longer time of it. At the same time, I look forward with interest to my career in the military. It's a sort of bittersweet feeling. I'm getting ready to leave home, in order to make another. Preparing to abandon one way of life so I might discover another.

Deus custodiat animam meam in hac nocte, ut vitae suae vires Evangelia cras.

God watch over my soul tonight, that I might have the strength to live His gospels tomorrow.

~Ian James~

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck to you Ian! May God bless you and all your dreams come true!!!

    ReplyDelete