Tuesday, May 1, 2012

5 Surefire Ways to Win A Sibling Argument

   Every house has sibling arguments, no exceptions. I know this from experience. Its inevitable that you won't agree with everything your brother(s) or sister(s) say(s). Sometimes it'll be something legitimate, like whether or not your brother should be flipping knives around in the kitchen. But we all know that sometimes (okay, most of the times) it'll be something ridiculous like whether or not cats always land on their feet, or over who's fault it is that the house is a mess. Like I said before, I know how it is. Its foolish to think that siblings would get along perfectly. I'm sure that there are a select few that get along with almost no arguments, but most of us aren't that way. And, if you're like me, winning the argument is important. It could be a situation of life or death; whether or not you get taken apart when dad comes home from work. Thus, winning that argument might allow you to live to see another day. If you are interested in knowing how to come out on top in any argument with a sibling, read on to discover the 5 Surefire Ways to Win A Sibling Argument.

   1) Use Your Age To Your Advantage...
   This is an important first step to successfully convincing your brother or sister that they are wrong and you are right. If you are older than they are, use that to your advantage by saying stuff like "I didn't get to 12th grade by not knowing how to multiply!" or "I'm four years older than you! Do you honestly believe that I don't know what I'm talking about?" And if you are younger, there are still ways for you to pull weight that way. For example, try to act innocent, or play dumb/ignorant of the rules... Stuff like that.

   2) Remember Everything Your Mother Says Concerning The Rules...
   My younger siblings have an annoying knack for remembering my mother's exact words concerning various things and they are able to easily use this as leverage over me in order to convince me to share my personal stuff with them. I still haven't figured out to use this to my own advantage and have it backfire on them, but I'm working on it.

   3) Reference The Commandments...
   If possible, reference the commandments.
"The commandments say not to hit, and that's exactly what you just did!"
But be careful... Things can get thrown back in your face REAL fast.
"You hit me first..."
 See what I mean?

   4) Involve Another Sibling As A Witness...
   Get another sibling involved, if you have one, as a witness. They can often tip the argument scales in your favor. Just be careful that they don't switch sides, and help your opponent.

   5) When In Doubt, Blame Someone Else...
                                                             It works.

   With these five guidelines, you will be empowered with the ability to win any argument with any sibling. Use this ability wisely. By the way, results are guaranteed to work on a sibling, however, this guarantee is not valid when used on parents. Hmmm... Maybe I'll have to write guidelines on how to win an argument with parents. Nope. Forget it. A child never wins an argument with a parent.

~Ian James~

7 comments:

  1. Interesting. I was thinking the whole time... I have an older sister and I wonder if she did this too. Hummm. But then, we were the very few who hardly argued, hee hee. Thanks again for the interesting reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, My little brother read this too, so now I can't use any of these against him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats a good idea i right now have 2 siblings against me so can you help me take down 2 of them

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh also checkout my blog at lifezareen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete