Sunday, April 1, 2012

Why I Love My Country-Part 1 : Introduction

   Pride in your country is important. In the words of President Theodore Roosevelt:
"The man who loves other countries as much as his own stands on a level with the man who loves other women as much as he loves his own wife."
   I have always taken pride in my country, for many reasons. The United States of America have not stood strong for this long without good excuse. I think that, while there are many things in our government that are not right, there are still many parts to be proud of. Our system is not perfect, but it's on the right track. Many conservatives may look at the current state of the democratic system of the States and be disappointed. But I think there is cause for rejoice at the heart of it all. Our leadership may sometimes be leading us wrong, but the foundation they stand on still remains. It has not crumbled beneath their weight.

   I feel the need to share why I still have faith in my country. I think that people, not all...but many, have forgotten what is good about our country, our government. They instead focus only on the negative; what is imperfect and flawed. Therefore, I will be sharing with you why I love my country in a four-part blog series. This introduction is part one. The rest I plan to have released every Monday for the next three weeks, so keep on the lookout. Hopefully you will find it interesting, as well as enlightening. I do not pretend to be some sort of expert on the inner workings of our government, but I do know what in this country keeps me proud. I do know why I love my country.

~Ian James~

1 comment:

  1. Well, what a good start. I can't wait to read what you have next!

    I also love our country. Just seeing the flag on this blog gives me goose bumps! I'm very patriotic and look forward to your next blog! Thanks for loving our country too!

    ReplyDelete